TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Dates to Remember
- Thursday, July 5th through Wednesday, July 11th: Fr. Brian’s is away and will return on Wednesday, July 11 in the evening.
- Thursday, July 12: Our next Diabetes II Support Group will meet with Susan Schlager, our Faith Community Parish Nurse, in the Cunningham Center in Platteville at 1:00 pm. All who are interested are invited to attend.
- Thursday, July 12: Creation Care Committee will meet at 6 PM in Legate Hall.
- There will be a work day Saturday, July 14, focused on making our church property as healthy and lovely as possible. This is in part a preparation for the new gardens that the Creation Care Committee will be developing as part of the grant from the national Episcopal Church. We will start at 9 AM and welcome the help of all. Please bring any pruners, rakes, shovels, etc. that you have. Work is more fun if many are working together!
- Wednesday, July 18: Vestry meets at 6:30.
- Saturday, July 21: Continued clean-up/spruce-up of the church yard starting at 9 AM or whenever you can make it. Please consider volunteering some time for this project!
- Friday, July 27: If you are not camping on Friday (our camping weekend at Blackhawk), save the date for our Fish Boil sponsored by Trinity Platteville at the Cunningham Center serving from 5-7:00 pm.
- Saturday, July 28 workshop has been cancelled: Summer Choir Workshop scheduled for Tuesday, July 31st will be held from 1:30-3:00 pm. New members are always welcome. To receive choir info emails, please contact Dorothy Mead; 608-987-0388.
- Saturday/Sunday, July 28 & 29: Don’t forget the camping weekend at Blackhawk. We have reserved the shelter. Canoeing is available and I am hoping that we will also have hiking that will include foraging information and plant identification. You can camp with us, join us for the day, or just come to the informal Eucharist on that Sunday.
- On Sunday, July 29th there will be an informal Eucharist at Blackhawk Lake in Highland WI at the group campground shelter. After the 11am service at Blackhawk Lake there will be a buffet lunch. Mineral Point will bring side dishes and Platteville will bring desserts. Burgers and brats will be provided. Directions have been printed and are available at the Church. If you would like to camp with us or need more information please contact Beth McGehee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, July 29: We are planning a brief 9:00 am worship service at Trinity for potential visitors and others who cannot make the camping service.
Joan, Audrey, Colby, Conner, Sue, Betty, Quinn, Isabella, Kat, Jenny, Kurt, Jocelyn, Andrea, David+, Aaron, TJ, Richmond, Paul, Dottie, Bonnie, Ruthie, Patrick J., Patrick F., Jill, Derek, Brandy, Herbert, Jessica, John,Sharon and Clemmie.
DATES TO REMEMBER
A new TV monitor has been installed in Legate Hall with online access and Blue-Ray technology. Funding comes from our Congregational Development Grant (the Film Grant) awarded to Trinity from the Diocese of Milwaukee.
Thanks to all who worked on the July 4th Hot Dog and Root Beer Fundraiser for the Mineral Point Food Pantry. Over $500 was raised.
Wild & Scenic Film Event Saturday, September 8th with a 1:00 pm Storytelling Concert (free), and 7:00 pm Films with Special Guest Joseph Bruchac. Tickets are $10 each available at the door or from Berget Jewelers or brownpapertickets.com.
Two Summer Choir Workshops scheduled: Saturday, July 28th from 1:00-2:00 pm and Tuesday, July 31st from 1:30-3:00 pm. Members may bring along a singing friend just for fun! And, new members are always welcome. To receive choir info emails, please contact Dorothy Mead; 608-987-0388.
If you are not camping on Friday, July 27th (our camping weekend at Blackhawk), save the date for our Fish Boil sponsored by Trinity Platteville at the Cunningham Center serving from 5-7:00 pm.
DATES TO REMEMBER